Notary Commission Information
IMPORTANT: The renewal procedure is the same as for a new commission. When renewing, do not submit your application more than six weeks prior to your current expiration date.
Notary Application/Renewal Form
How do I become a Notary?
- 1. Complete the PDF application on your computer. Print it out. Make sure your signature matches the Commission Name Style as listed on Item 1 of the application.
- 2. Mail the application along with a fee of $30 (check/money order) to this Office (see the Agency Address link on the right).
- 3. In about 3-5 days after this Office receives and processes your application, we will mail notification to the mailing address on the application. After receiving notification, you may purchase a $500 notary bond available from most insurance companies.
- 4. Take the bond to the County Clerk's Office in the county you reside to be filed. The bond must be recorded by the County Clerk within 60 days of the beginning date of your commission.
- 5. Once you receive your notary certificate from the County Clerk, purchase a notary stamp (ink or embossed) at an office supply/copy store, print shop or notary supply company. Do not order a stamp before you know your commissioning dates.
- 6. The term of the notary commission ends in 4 years. It may be reissued for another term upon application (see renewal link on this page).
Who can be a Wyoming Notary?
You must be:
- At least eighteen (18) years of age;
- A resident of the State of Wyoming and the county from which you are making application;
- Able to read and write the English language;
- A convicted felon is not eligible to be a notary unless the felony conviction has been:
- Reversed or annulled;
- Pardoned; or
- All rights have been restored pursuant to W.S. 7-13-105(a).
- Read statutes, FAQs & Self-Help Test links on this page.
- Total cost includes:
- $30 fee paid to the Secretary of State;
- Bond fee (paid to insurance company);
- County filing fee for bond (paid to the County Clerk); and
- Cost of a notary stamp (paid to the office or notary supply store).