How do I become a Notary?
1. Complete the PDF application on your computer. Print it out. Make sure your signature matches the Commission Name Style as listed on Item 1 of the application.
2. Mail the application along with a fee of $30 (check/money order) to this Office.
3. In about 3-5 days after this Office receives and processes your application, we will mail notification to the mailing address on the application. After receiving notification, you may purchase a $500 notary bond available from most insurance companies.
4. Take the bond to the County Clerk's Office
in the county you reside to be filed. The bond must be recorded by the County Clerk within 60 days of the beginning date of your commission.
5. Once you receive your notary certificate from the County Clerk, purchase a notary stamp (ink or embossed) at an office supply/copy store, print shop or notary supply company. Do not order a stamp before you know your commissioning dates.
6. The term of the notary commission ends in 4 years. It may be reissued for another term upon application (see renewal link on this page).