Registering to Vote

How do I register to vote?

Wyoming Voter Registration Form

Voter Registration is administered by your local County Clerk's office. Through their office, you may register to vote in three different ways:

1. Register in person
2. Register by mail
3. Register at the polls on Election Day

See the Wyoming Voter Registration Form for details.

**NOTE: Wyoming is exempt from the federal "Motor Voter" law and DOES NOT offer voter registration at Wyoming Driver License Offices.

What are the requirements to register to vote in Wyoming?

In order to register to vote, you must meet the following qualifications:

  • 18 years of age on Election Day;
  • U.S. Citizen;
  • Resident of Wyoming and the precinct in which you register;
  • Withdraw voter registration from any other jurisdiction, if applicable;
  • Present a valid Wyoming driver's license (If you do not have your current valid driver's license with you, you must provide the number along with additional acceptable identification as defined in Rules Ch 2: Identification for Election Purposes);
    • If you have not been issued a Wyoming driver's license or yours is expired, you must provide:
      • A statement to that effect;
      • The last four digits of your social security number; and
      • Additional acceptable identification as defined in rules.
  • If you have neither a valid Wyoming driver's license nor a social security number, please indicate this by checking the appropriate box on the Voter Registration Application form and contact your County Clerk.
  • Not been convicted of a felony, or if convicted, has had civil or voting rights restored.
  • Nor adjudicated mentally incompetent.

Do I need to re-register to vote every election?

You do not need to re-register to vote in the upcoming General Election if you voted in the last General Election.

You need to re-register if:

  • You moved to a different county;
  • You did not vote in the last General Election.

If you moved within the county to another precinct or changed your name, you must notify the county clerk.